2012 Final Emmy Predictions – Nominations (Leading Performers)
So let’s countdown where we are. All the members of the Academy have read the ballots, cast their votes and sent them to be counted. That means, no matter what happens between now and July 19th, when the nominations are announced, the potential nominees won’t be affected. So, I guess there’s no reason to wait any longer. Here are my final predictions to who’s going to get nominated…
To read the ballots to know exactly which actors submitted where, click here.
For more Emmy discussion, visit my Emmy page.
Here are my predictions for the leading performers in comedy, drama, and tv movie/miniseries. Why am I predicting them first? Because, frankly, predicting the lead performers is probably simpler than predicting the incredibly crowded supporting ones. I will be ranking them from most likely to least likely. No alternates. No maybes. These are my predix and I’m sticking to it!
LEADING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES:
1. Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)
2. Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
3. Louis CK (Louie)
4. Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
5. Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men)
6. Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory)
Is it weird that I’m not predicting Don Cheadle? I’m just not feeling it. The Big Bang Theory is just too popular.
LEADING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES:
1. Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation)
2. Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
3. Tina Fey (30 Rock)
4. Lena Dunham (Girls)
5. Laura Dern (Enlightened)
6. Zooey Deschanel (New Girl)
So that means last year’s winner McCarthy, and last years’ nominees Plimpton, Falco and Linney will not make it this year according to my gut. Risky!
LEADING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES:
1. Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
2. Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
3. Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire)
4. Damian Lewis (Homeland)
5. Kelsey Grammer (Boss)
6. Hugh Laurie (House)
If this wasn’t House’s last season, I wouldn’t be predicting Hugh Laurie.
LEADING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES:
1. Claire Danes (Homeland)
2. Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife)
3. Elizabeth Moss (Mad Men)
4. Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order: SVU)
5. Glenn Close (The Closer)
6. Elizabeth McGovern (Downton Abbey)
Yes. I am that confident that Hargitay will get nominated again. In terms of Emmys, she is as much of a powerhouse, if not more, than Kathy Bates.
LEADING ACTOR IN A TV MOVIE/MINISERIES:
1. Clive Owen (Hemingway and Gelhorn)
2. Woody Harrelson (Game Change)
3. Idris Elba (Luther)
4. Bill Nighy (Page Eight)
5. Dominic West (The Hour)
6. Dylan McDermott from American Horror Story.
LEADING ACTRESS IN A TV MOVIE/MINISERIES:
1. Julianne Moore (Game Change)
2. Nicole Kidman (Hemingway and Gelhorn)
3. Emily Watson (Appropriate Adult)
4. Connie Britton (American Horror Story)
5. Rachel Weisz (Page Eight)
6. Romola Garai from The Hour.